Our Klean Isolate formula is also available in Unflavoured and Vanilla options and is designed to provide your body with the essential amino acids it needs for building muscle. Protein is key for muscle-building and is key for supporting the health, wellbeing and performance of any athlete.‡
Our whey protein powders are ideal for using in a post-workout protein shake, but they can also be used in baking recipes, such as this one for Klean protein chocolate brownies.
- 2 large eggs (yolks and whites)
- 2 large egg whites
- ¼ cup rapeseed oil
- 1 cup apple sauce
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips (either as they come, or melted)
- ½ cup chopped nuts
- ½ tsp peppermint extract
- 1 tbsp peanut (or other nut) butter
- 1 scoop of protein vanilla ice cream
- Preheat the oven to 160°C.
- Spray an eight-inch square cake tin with cooking spray and lightly dust with flour to prevent sticking.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, stir together the oat flour, cocoa powder, protein powder, salt and bicarbonate of soda.
- In a separate bowl, beat the eggs, oil and apple sauce. If you’re using chocolate chips, nuts or peppermint extract, add these at this point.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, stirring together gently.
- Pour the mixture into the cake tin and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until an inserted skewer comes out clean.
- Leave to cool, then top with the nut butter or ice cream to serve if desired.
Nutritional Content per Brownie (Recipe Makes 18): Calories: 79; carbohydrates: 6g; fibre: 1g; protein: 5g; fat: 4g.
This recipe was provided by Karlyn Grimes, M.S., R.D., L.D.N., C.S.S.D., founder of Simply Simple Health and author of The Everything Anti-Inflammation Diet Book. *Our medical experts have been retained as consultants in advising Klean Athlete. They are compensated for this service.
‡These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.