Although derived from milk, the extraction process used to produce whey isolate removes virtually all of the fat, carbohydrate and lactose content from the supplement, and it’s also free from artificial flavorings and sweeteners. This means you can be sure that you’re using a clean, pure protein to support your active lifestyle.
Klean Isolate enables you to boost your protein intake without overloading on calories, and it can easily be incorporated into protein shakes, smoothies and other recipes to aid your recovery†.
How Whey Isolate Can Support Your Fitness Journey
Whey isolate in the form of a protein shake can be used before, during and after exercise. The amount you use at each stage of your workout can impact your performance and recovery, so it’s vital to get the measurements and timings just right.
- How much: Half or one scoop of Klean Isolate
- When: 30-45 minutes before an intense or prolonged workout
- Effect: Provides your body with essential amino acids to help reduce the breakdown of protein while you exercise, and to support muscle growth and repair when protein synthesis kicks into overdrive
While You Work Out
- How much: One scoop of Klean Isolate, mixed with water to create a protein shake
- When: Prepare before a workout set to last for more than 90 minutes. Drink throughout
- Effect: The body breaks down more protein the longer an exercise session lasts. Drinking a protein shake during a long workout will help to minimize the breakdown of muscle, promoting muscle-building instead
- How much: Half or one scoop of Klean Isolate incorporated into one of the protein smoothie recipes below. At this stage, the ideal ratio of nutrients to support your recovery is 1g of protein to 3-4g of carbs. Alternatively, use our Klean Recovery powder
- When: As soon as possible after an intense workout
- Effect: This carb to protein ratio is designed to support protein synthesis after a strenuous workout or competition, as this is when the most muscle growth and progress will be made†
Klean Isolate Protein Smoothie Inspiration
Whey isolate is extremely effective at filling nutritional gaps in your diet plan. A protein smoothie is a quick, easy way to consume whey isolate powder, helping to give your energy levels, muscles and immune system a boost†.
It’s recommended that athletes consume 40 different nutrients (including amino acids, vitamins, minerals and phytochemicals) and between five and nine servings of fruit and veg every day, and a smoothie is a great way to pack as many of these in as possible – but only if it’s concocted properly.
5 Ingredients for a Perfect Whey Protein Smoothie
1. A blender: Forget your juicer – a blender or food processor is much more effective at mixing up smoothie ingredients to ensure no essential nutrients are lost from the seeds or skin of fruit and vegetables
2. Klean Isolate protein powder: Fruit juice is high in carbs and is digested more quickly than solid foods, so you can find yourself hungry again sooner after consuming a smoothie than after eating solid food. However, adding a scoop of Klean Isolate can increase the filling power of your smoothie, making it an effective meal replacement if necessary
3. Fruit: Choose frozen fruit without added sugar or chop fresh fruit and store it in the freezer until it’s ready to be used. This will help to keep your smoothie as delicious as possible
4. Fueling fluids: Keep the fat and calorie content of your protein smoothie in check by using a low-fat milk, yogurt or frozen yogurt to blend with the fruit in your drink. If you’re going for more of a juice-style drink, use 100% fruit juice
5. Extra flavor: Add spices or extra flavorings to your smoothie to add taste without increasing the drink’s calorie or fat content
Cooking with Whey Isolate
Klean Isolate is available in vanilla, chocolate and unflavored options, which are all fantastic for adding to recipes. Whether you’re after a high-protein breakfast to fuel your body for the day ahead or a protein-packed snack for a mid-afternoon boost, here are a few ideas for cooking with whey isolate:
Proats (protein overnight oats) are a seriously easy option for a high-protein breakfast that will set you up for the day ahead.
Simply add one tablespoon of peanut butter and one scoop of Klean Isolate powder to a portion of oats and a milk of your choice. Stir the ingredients together, leave in the fridge overnight and you’ll have a delicious, filling breakfast for the next morning.
Protein Mashed Potatoes
Add a little Klean Isolate to mashed potatoes for a seriously filling post-workout meal. Increase the amount of milk in your recipe until the potatoes reach your ideal consistency – you definitely won’t need to snack after these.
Baking with Whey Protein
Whey isolate powder is a versatile baking ingredient, with a scoop or two helping to increase the protein content of pancake batter or cake mix.
Bear in mind that whey will speed up the browning process of a bake, so you may need to decrease the baking time accordingly. Increase the liquid content too (with milk, oil, Greek yogurt or mashed banana) to keep the bake moist. Eggs or egg whites will also need to be a key ingredient to properly bind the mixture.
Explore more ways to cook with whey isolate protein powder with Klean Athlete.
†These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
The information contained herein is for informational purposes only and does not establish a doctor-patient relationship.