What is Omega-3?
Omega-3s are essential fats that are crucial for a healthy diet – the three most common types are ALA, DHA, and EPA. Some omega-3s are found in foods such as oily fish, chia seeds, walnuts, and flaxseed oil.
Since your body is unable to produce omega-3 by itself, it’s important that you’re getting a good amount in your diet.
However, these foods aren’t always easy to fit into your diet, especially if you live a fast-paced lifestyle. That’s why Klean Omega is so convenient, as you can get your recommended intake by taking just 1 softgel daily.
EPA has been found to work against inflammation and benefit brain health, supporting your post-workout recovery and keeping you in the right headspace to stay motivated.
Meanwhile, DHA is crucial for maintaining a strong and healthy brain function throughout adulthood.‡
What are the Benefits of Omega-3?
Omega-3s are often known as essential fatty acids because they’re crucial for keeping your body and brain healthy and functioning properly. Here are some of the benefits omega-3 can provide:
- Supporting healthy vision – low levels of omega-3 can affect your vision and overall eye health
- Maintaining healthy heart function – omega-3 can help to sustain healthy levels of blood triglycerides, which are important for maintaining cardiovascular health‡
- Healthy bones and joints – calcium is crucial to ensure bones are staying healthy and strong and omega-3 can help to support this‡
- Skin health – Omega-3 EPA and DHA are effective at supporting healthy looking skin via collagen synthesis and protection from environmental factors.‡
- Sleep – Research shows low levels of omega-3 in the body may have a lower amount of melatonin in the pineal gland. Melatonin is crucial in order for your body to fall asleep, therefore omega-3 fatty acids may support healthy sleep quality. ‡
How Can Omega-3 Benefit Athletes?
Formulated in a fish gelatine capsule, Klean Omega supports athletes’ cardiovascular, neurological and joint health needs to keep them strong all season long. This means omega-3 should be part of every athlete’s daily routine to help you to perform at your peak.
Omega-3 supplementation improves the anabolic effect of exercise and works against muscle loss. Additionally, omega-3 can also work against muscle soreness allowing you to improve your recovery time.‡
Do I Still Need to Eat Fish If I’m Taking Omega-3?
Supplements shouldn’t replace food; food should always come first. However, for those who find it difficult to fit fish into their diet, fish oil supplements are a great option. If you’re taking omega-3 supplements, it’s still important to consume 2-3 portions of fish a week, as fish supplies protein, as well as other vitamins and minerals.
Training is intense. The harder athletes train, the more strain they place on their joints and muscles – including the heart and lungs. Klean Omega provides essential omega-3 fatty acids from clean, pure fish oil in triglyceride form.‡
Explore our full sports nutrition range at Klean Athlete Supplements.
‡These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.