Up your snack’s protein power even further by topping your banana bread slice with a slather of peanut butter, a spoonful of cottage cheese, chocolate hazelnut spread or even a buttery spread that’s free from trans fats.
We recommend pairing this Klean high-protein banana bread with a glass of milk and a piece of fresh fruit for optimal fuelling to boost your training output.
About Klean Isolate Whey Protein Powder
There’s so much more to our Klean Isolate Whey Protein Powder than post-workout protein shakes and smoothies – it’s a versatile baking ingredient too.
Every scoop of our Klean Isolate whey protein powder contains essential amino acids that can support you in building muscle, including branched chain amino acids†.
Use at least one scoop a day to support your body to build and repair muscle to boost your overall fitness journey. Available in vanilla and chocolate flavours, as well as unflavored, Klean Isolate can easily be incorporated into many recipes, without affecting the overall taste†.
At Klean Athlete, our whey isolate powders are free from artificial sweeteners and flavorings, making them easy to incorporate into a healthy lifestyle. Remember: whey isolate is one of the cleanest sources of protein available.
How to Make Protein Banana Bread
Recipe will make two 9-inch x 5-inch loaves, producing ten slices each.
Nutritional Value: Calories: 210; carbs: 29g; fiber: 3g; protein: 10g; fats: 6g; calcium: 4% of an adult’s daily value (DV); potassium 5% DV; iron: 5% DV; folate: 4% DV; 10% and DV for four B vitamins (vitamin B6, thiamine, niacin, riboflavin).
Protein Banana Bread Ingredients:
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 cup fat-free plain Greek yoghurt
- 1 cup apple sauce
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas (approx. 4 medium-sized bananas)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 scoops Klean Isolate Protein Powder
- 1 cup chocolate chips (or chopped walnuts, depending on preference)
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tbsp baking soda
- 2.5 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- Preheat the oven to 160°C (320°F)
- Spray your loaf tins with a cooking spray or line with greaseproof paper
- In a mixing bowl, combine all of the wet ingredients together
- In a separate bowl, mix the dry ingredients
- Gradually fold the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until combined, taking care not to overmix
- Stir the chocolate chips or chopped nuts into the banana bread mixture
- Divide the batter into the two loaf tins and bake for 45 minutes, until the top is firm to touch or an inserted skewer comes out clean
- Allow to cool before slicing
- Refrigerate in an airtight container for up to one week or freeze slices for up to three months
This recipe was provided by Karlyn Grimes, M.S., R.D., L.D.N., C.S.S.D., founder of Simply Simple Health and author of The Everything Anti-Inflammation Diet Book. *Our medical experts have been retained as consultants in advising Klean Athlete. They are compensated for this service.
†These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
The information contained herein is for informational purposes only and does not establish a doctor-patient relationship.